CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 2, 2009

An Insightful Quote

I have been thinking a lot about prayer lately, and all the different aspects of it. I find that more often than not we or I should say I , pray and ask for help or share concerns about different things, and find that things may still continue status quo and are not changing. Perhaps that is a reflection on My part of not putting forth the effort in the areas in which I have communicated with the Lord. "Pray as if everything depends on the Lord, act as if everything depends on you" I find that it is so easy to turn to the Lord, He is willing to listen to everything, but the hard part is putting forth the work needed on my part; it it hard to act. I speak only on behalf of myself, but I found this quote below very intresting and explains very well the thoughts I have had lately. . . Just thought I would share. .

"I long have been impressed with the truth that meaningful prayer requires both holy communication and consecrated work. Blessings require some effort on our part before we can obtain them, and prayer, as 'a form of work, . . . is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings' (Bible Dictionary, "Prayer," 753). We press forward and persevere in the consecrated work of prayer, after we say 'amen,' by acting upon the things we have expressed to Heavenly Father. Asking in faith requires honesty, effort, commitment, and persistence."
David A. Bednar, "Ask in Faith," Ensign, May 2008, 95

Upon thinking about my efforts and acting on the things I ask for and belive in, I found this quote that adds even more to the quote above. . . Sorry about all the quotes and information, just some thoughts I thought some might like to hear.

"It requires courage to make good choices, even when others around us choose differently. As we make righteous choices day by day in little things, the Lord will strengthen us and help us choose the right during more difficult times. "The teachings and values we cherish the most are not embraced by a secular world. To maintain a firm stance for ourselves and our children, the message of the restored gospel must be firmly planted in our hearts and taught in our homes."W. Craig Zwick, "We Will Not Yield, We Cannot Yield," Ensign, May 2008, 98

7 comments:

Brown Family! said...

Awesome quote! It was so great to see you guys yesterday! We need to double asap k...

Whitney said...

oh Im so glad you posted that I really needed to read that today:)

Frazier Family said...

Prayer is like that isn't it? Nice post Squirt. Love you.

ShuaChelle said...

I love your post! We didnt see you guys this past Sunday!? We need to get together for a date night!

Ty and Whit said...

cute post! I'm glad you found our blog!! I love finding new blogs that I haven't seen before! HOpe you're doing good!

Anonymous said...

Katie!! Don't ask me how I stumbled on your blog, but I did! I hope you guys are doing well- you both look so happy! You guys really are such a special couple. Lets be blog friends? We just started out... janvierandgrant.blogspot.com.

Sherri Romney said...

Thanks for posting that girl, it was really great. I just found out that you and I may be teaming up on the OA job this summer??? I saw the Cancun post on Whitney's blog and you all looked like you had a blast! Oh, and I didn't know you were a senior this year! I thought you had one more year for some reason...