CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Jade Brooklynn Hodgkiss

She is finally here!!!!! Jade Brooklynn Hodgkiss was born 1/1/11 at 11am. She was 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long. She was a full month early..............and quite the surprise!
The Story: On new years eve at 11:15pm I was sitting on the couch with Corby's family at our apartment, when all of a sudden the flood gates opened. I jumped off the couch and said "guys, I think my water just broke." Of course everyone thought I was joking, but it was definitely not a false alarm, the water didn't stop coming until she was delivered.
So I called my doctor and he said to come into the hospital to "make sure my water really did break." I know it's my first child, and I don't know anything, but 5 pairs of pj pants later, and all my underwear, I knew it wasn't a false alarm. Well I didn't want to check into the hospital til at least 1am because (lucky for me) my maternity insurance didn't kick in until January 1st. Of course I didn't think that would even be an issue because I definitely didn't think she'd come a month early.
Well we got to the hospital at 1:45am and the doctor decided to start me on patocin right away because I had lost so much fluid, and I hadn't started my own contractions. After about 3 hours on medicine, they bumped up my dosage; that only lasted about 20 minutes before my contractions became unbearable. So I asked for my epidural, which was amazing. I fell asleep finally. All this time I was only dilated at a 1 and 50 percent effaced. At 9am they checked me again and I had only progressed to a 3. at around 9:50 I told Corby to call the nurse in because I felt a ton a pressure in my bottom, and I was told that's what it would feel like when it was time to push. But being a first timer, I knew I wasn't close, but I just wanted a peace of mind. Well the nurse came in at 10 and checked me......to my surprise I was at a 10, and Jade was already coming down on her own. After a couple pushes with the nurse, the doctor came in, and I pushed only a few times with him and She was here. The greatest moment of my life. She was perfect in every way, and I have been so so so in love ever since.




25 comments:

Brown Family! said...

Yay! Congrats you two!! She is beautiful!! :)

Kiara said...

She gets more beautiful every time I see her! Love her already!

Charles and Katy said...

IN LOVE... xoxox love you

Jen and Lance said...

I love the story! That's almost the same story when I was born! My parents were throwing a new years eve party at their house and my mom's water broke. We want to bring you guys diner some time. Let me know when would be a good time. Jade is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Trent and Kim said...

Congratulations!!! She is so beautiful, absolutely perfect. What an awesome story and birthday for her too. Katie, I hope you are feeling okay and you guys are getting some sleep. Congrats!!

Sherri Romney said...

Oh wow she is gorgeous. Congratulations you guys!!!

Jana Porter said...

wow how exciting congrats! glad everything went ok! she is beautiful

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh Katie, she is adorable! Isn't being a mom the best thing?? Congrats!

Erin said...

She is so beautiful!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

JR and Amanda said...

Congrats!!!! She is beautiful!!!!

Jordan said...

Wow, great story! Congratulations!! She has got to be the prettiest baby I've ever seen. Her hair is to die for!

Whitney and Michael said...

katie I JUST LOVE HER! she is perfect and im dying to meet her. those pics are adorable! xoxox

Jane Bauman said...

What a cutie! She looks so much like you Katie (although I can see her Daddy there too) :) Those pictures of her are so beautiful. I hope we can meet her soon!

Rachelle said...

So beautiful...How long is she? She looks very long and lean! I cant believe how great everything went for you, you lucky girl! Thats fantastic! I am so happy for you guys...it seriously just keeps getting better!

Marion said...

she is so beautiful... those pictures are adorable!

Anonymous said...

ahhh she is so cute!!!! Congrats to both of you! Her and Ryan share the same birthday, it's a good one!

Whitney said...

Yay!!!! Im so glad you updated :) She is to die for...

Nate and Keshia said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations! She is so sweet. I'm so happy for you two. Girls are tons of fun and you are going to be the greatest mom. Little side note, Jade was next in line for me after Kyla. I love it!

Mindee said...

Oh my goodness she is georgous!! Congrats on your new baby girl! Jade is such a cute name. What a unexpected surprise, she is perfect!! I hope youre doing good!

Kelly said...

Oh she's so cute! I love those flowers...did you make them! Please teach me :) Someday when I have a cute girly I wanna make cute bows!

Frazier Family said...

Awesome! She is perfect! Besides the month early, that sounds almost exactly like when Max was born :) She is SO CUTE! I bet you are finally starting to feel human again. After the birth it feels like you are hit by a train. Well, that's how I feel :) Love you!!

Kylie Jo said...

Katie I'm so excited for you! She is beautiful! Congrats!

Tim and Mandy said...

AMAZING KATIE!!! She's such a doll! I hope you are doing well! Lots of Love!!!

Jess said...

she is the most beautiful baby! oh my goodness!!!! I LOVE HER!!!!!!

The Becks said...

I was totally teared up reading your story..What a beautiful little girl. I'm so happy for you and Corby. xoxoxo