CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 15, 2010



I have been fluctuating a lot the last 3 weeks. I know the pictures don't look so much like it, but you can see from this picture that I am much smaller than the 2 weeks before. I think that last picture on my last post makes me look much bigger than I ever looked in person. Bad idea to do a loose shirt =) I get to hear the heart beat (hopefully) in 5 more days! I am so excited to go home to Utah to get all the updates on our baby!

Being pregnant has changed me in so many ways. Aside from all the physical and emotional changes, I feel like I have grown up so much. I feel like I have been blessed with so many tender mercies from the Lord. Being a Mother is truly a blessing and is truly so special. My relationship with Him has grown so much. I have learned more about what it really means to rely on him through good times and bad. I pay a lot more attention to the kind of person I am, and try so much harder to be better. I want to raise my kids to be so much better than me. I often sit and think about all the ways I can teach my kids, in hopes that I can be half the Mom I am supposed to be. I want so bad for them to love the gospel and love their Savior and Heavenly Father and know them at a young age. I know they will be teaching me a lot, and for that I am so excited and grateful. There is something so special about learning from little children.

“We hold in our arms the rising generation. They come to this earth with important responsibilities and great spiritual capacities. We cannot be casual in how we prepare them. Our challenge as parents and teachers is not to create a spiritual core in their souls but rather to fan the flame of their spiritual core already aglow with the fire of their premortal faith.”
Neil L. Andersen, “Tell Me the Stories of Jesus,” Ensign, May 2010, 108

My relationship with my husband has grown SOOO much too. We feel we are more in love every day anyway, but knowing I am the mother of the most amazing man's child, often brings me to tears because I realize how lucky I am. I am lucky to be married to him, I am lucky he gets to help me raise my children, and I am very lucky he is my companion that will be by my side for the rest of my life and more! I am honored to be called his best friend and his equal! People have said the longer you are married the easier it is to be apart....... I would like to say for us THAT IS NOT TRUE! It has become much harder to be apart, even for a couple days. He had to leave for this weekend, only for 2 nights, and I cried all morning after he left (that has nothing to do with pregnancy and my crazy hormones right.) But regardless of my emotional hormones, I cry almost any time we have to be apart. I am so in love with him, and so grateful he is mine. Love you Corbs!

3 comments:

The Becks said...

You two are the cutest...You are such a sweet girl Katie, and I love reading your posts. It puts me in such a happy mood..Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings about our Heavenly Father and the Gospel..You have such a strong testimony and I'm glad you're able to share it with those around you!P.s. I'm so happy your pregnant..you'll be a great mommy!

Anonymous said...

It was great to talk to you the other day! You are going to be a great mom! I'm so excited for you :)

Tim and Mandy said...

So fun Katie!!! =) You are going to be such an amazing mommy! We really need to get together when you are in town again! Can't wait to hear what happens at the doctor's office!!! Keep us listeners posted! =) love ya!